Do you lack space for large baby items? You can go for space-saving chairs, and they sure can serve as wonderful alternatives to the ones that can consume space.
Have you wondered about the best high chair for small spaces in the market? Many great space-saving chairs in the market can save space for you in your baby’s room.
We will be looking at a wide range of best high chairs for small spaces in this article as there is a whole range of compact high chairs that can be used for even the smallest of spaces.
Different Types of High Chairs for Small Spaces
Some seats should come to your mind whenever you want to shop for high chairs that can occupy small spaces in your house.
Any of the seats listed below can be suitable for a small space, but you know that variety is the spice of nature and none of these chairs are the same, so pick the particular setup that you feel matches your taste and activities.
These chairs include:
- Booster seats: This type of chair is usually strapped on top of existing chairs in the house like the kitchen or dining table, making the need for an extra chair for the baby unnecessary; this kind of chair is very economical as it doesn’t occupy extra space.
- Hook-on chairs: This type of chair is usually attached directly to a counter or table’s edge; it is ideal when what you have got is an island rather than a dining table.
- Compact high chairs These are full-size high chairs with compact folds and can be tucked away in a closet or behind another piece of furniture; the beauty of this particular high chair is its folding ability.
When going for compact high chairs, there are two types of this chair available in the market, and they include
- Full body high chair: This kind of chair has legs and a seating pad and can be used as it is or with other furniture for support; this is possible because of its makeup, and this advantage of it makes it a reliable and stable option. You can also adjust the chair to meet your standard and taste.
- Strap on high chair seat: This kind can be easily attached to chairs, and a supporter’s leg and other accessories are present. Its portability is added advantage as it can be quickly attached to a chair.
Best High Chairs For Small Spaces
1. INFANS High Chairs for Babies and Toddlers
The seat of this high chair can be adjusted into seven different positions, and not only that, its backrest can be adjusted into five different positions.
All these were possible because the manufacturer wants your baby to be comfortable while using it.
- It has an adjustable frame, backrest, footrest, and even trays
- Adjustable seat (can be adjusted into seven different positions)
- The backrest be adjusted in five different positions
- It has an adjustable backrest angle
- The leather cushion is waterproof
- Its maintenance and cleaning are straightforward
- It is foldable and multipurpose
- Its pyramid-like structure provides extra stability.
- It may not be sturdy
- It May have flimsy strap fittings
2. Joovy Nook High Chair
The high chair has features like a leatherette seat, a removable tray,, and a five-point safety harness. It is made of BPA-free plastic and comes in five different colors.
- It lightweight with a sturdy frame
- It has a leatherette seat and a five-point safety harness to your baby secure
- It has a swing-open removable tray with four adjustable positions
- It comes in five different colors
- It is easy to fold, hold and store
- It is fully assembled and user-friendly
- It is straightforward to clean
- It may not be durable
- Its height may not be adjustable
- It takes a minute to put the safety straps on.
3. AbiieWooden High Chair
It can be adjusted to suit your baby’s height and comfort, it has stain-resistant cushions, and its trays are removable and easy to clean and maintain.
- It is manufactured with plush and scratch-resistant wood
- Its height can be adjusted easily
- It has stain-resistant cushions, and its trays are removable
- It is sturdy, sturdy, and compact
- It is Eco-Friendly and of premium quality
- Its wood is sterilized for added safety
- Its seat can be adjusted easily
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Some users find this high chair hard to store
- It is expensive
- The feeding is somewhat hard to remove
4. Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair
It is gifted with a deep-dish tray that makes feeding easier and a cushioned pad that aids comfort, making it top-notch.
- It has a deep-dish tray, a three recline position, a spacious contoured seat with cushioned seat pad
- dishwasher-safe feeding tray
- Easy-to-clean materials
- Its seat pad is machine washable
- It is light weighted, and the design modern
- It is easy to move, remove and store
- It comes with a full-sized feeding tray
- It may not be suitable for younger children because food can get trapped in the crevices under the cushion
5. Graco Slim Spaces High Chair
- It has six height adjustment levels and three recline levels, which helps with your baby’s convenience.
- It comes with a stain-resistant, machine-washable seat pad and a removable tray.
- Convertible three or five-point harness
- Three-step folding for storing
- Dishwasher-safe tray
- Comfortable and convenient
- Compact and easy to use
- Can hold up to 40lb weight
- It does not have an adjustable footrest
6. My Little Seat Travel High Chair
- It comes with a five-point harness for maximum security
- It comes in nine different colors and a matching bag too
- It is light weighted and machine washable
- It is trendy and modern
- It is portable and easy to use
- It lasts long and is sturdy
- It doesn’t come with a tray
- It is not adjustable
7. Primo Cozy Tot Deluxe Chair
- Its unique design lets you fold it down to 10 to save space around your house when not in use.
- You can easily convert the high chair into a toddler chair
- It comes with a feeding tray with three distance adjustment levels
- Comes in two different colors.
- Easy to assemble without tools
- Three-point harness for a secure latching
- Easy to clean and use
- Best suited for babies aged six to 36 months
- Ergonomic seat for comfort
- It may not fit all toddlers
- Sadly, you can’t adjust the seat height and recline angle
8. Infantino High Chair
- It has a colorful fox motif that suits children
- The chair has a reclining seat with two positions and the standard five-point harness for babies’ maximum security. It has a colorful fox motif that suits children.
- Easy to wipe and clean
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Removable, dishwasher-safe tray
- Front wheels for movement
- Footrest for comfort
- Seat padding could be thin
- It cannot be folded
9. Cosco Simple Fold High Chair
- Foldable, highly portable, and you can pack and store it easily within seconds
- Its adjustable three-point harness can carry a weight of up to 50lb
- It has a well-designed leg rest and secure seat, which provides comfort to your baby
- The tray includes a cup holder
- Easy to clean seat and body
- It stands on its own when folded
- Three-position adjustable tray
- Straps could be hard to operate
- Suitable only for infants
10. Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat
When you’re done, you can remove the straps and fold the entire chair down for easy storage. This is a huge plus when you don’t have enough space in your room.
- It has a removable infant feeding tray
- The 3-point safety harness allows your baby to sit without the tray at a table
- machine-washable seat pad for extra comfort
- It has plenty of child-friendly design options
- It is easy to clean
- 2-in-1 design lets this seat grow with your child
- A 3-point harness provides safety for your baby and also ensures the seat is secured
- Easy to fold down
- It takes a minute to strap to the chair.
- The bottom of the booster seat isn’t slip-proof, so the straps have to be tight, so the booster seat doesn’t slip around
- Not a great option if you don’t have spare chairs
11. WeeSprout Wooden High Chair
- It has solid wood legs, which give the chair a steady stance
- Its height is adjustable
- The material is made with a mix of wood and food-grade durable plastic in a sleek, modern design for enhanced functionality.
- Made of high-quality wooden components
- Adjustable tray, footrest, and tray
- It can be used as a high and booster chair
- Dishwasher-friendly detachable tray
- Includes safety harness for infants
- Setup could take time
- Not foldable
- Could be heavy
12. Asunflower Wooden High Chair
- The chair has a built-in seven-stage adjustable footrest for your baby’s comfort.
- The high chair can be converted easily into a standard chair to prolong its usefulness.
- It has a removable tray that makes mealtime fun and seat belts for maximum safety.
- Made of food-grade PP material
- Smooth and soft seat
- Adjustable wooden legs
- Easy to clean
- Removable harness and tray
- Baby can comfortably sit, relax, and eat on this high chair.
- Suitable for kids up to age ten
- Could be heavy
- May not fold and recline
13. Liuliuby Portable Safety Harness Chair
- The chair is secured with a 5-point harness, which prevents them from tipping over.
- The chair is made entirely of fabric, so it’s ultra-portable
- It folds down easily to the size of a diaper. This makes it perfect for slipping into a diaper bag or in small spaces
- The chair material is machine washable
- This chair is suited for moms with older children who want to ditch traditional high chairs completely
- It can help save a lot of space since it folds down to the size of a diaper
- 5-point harness keeps baby safe
- It fits easily on any chair
- Unfortunately, for a baby to use this chair, they must be able to sit up on their own
- It has minimal padding, which brings about discomfort in babies
14. Mountain Buggy Pod Clip-On High Chair
A clip-on high chair that attaches directly to the table is an excellent option.
- It uses robust aluminum clamps with zero-slip grips
- It also comes with a shoulder harness system which helps keep your baby in the right place
- It can hold a baby up to 37 pounds
- Keeps the surrounding under and around your table clear.
- Super lightweight but robust and secure.
- It comes with a safety harness system which helps to keep the baby close to the table while eating.
- A little intimidating at first.
- Not suited for tables like (card tables, glass tables) or tables with pronounced beveled edges.
15. Summer Pop and Sit Portable High Chair
- It is lightweight and collapsible
- It has an innovative pop-up design so you can set it up and take it down with ease
- It has non-slip rubber feet grips, a BPA-free plastic tray, a rear storage pocket, and a 3-point safety harness
- It’s a great option for using while camping or anywhere for an enjoyable feeding time.
- Super lightweight and portable
- It comes with a convenient carry bag
- Its wide base offers stability on all terrains, but it will take up a lot of spaces when used indoors.
- It has a smaller food tray which is smaller than those on traditional high chairs, so it is not ideal for large quantities of food.
Things To Consider When Choosing High Chair For Spaces
When choosing the best high chair for small spaces for your baby, you need to look out for some quality so that you go for what is convenient for you, and they include
- Build material
Commonly, high chairs are made of wood or plastic, or both. High chairs made of plastic are usually light and easy to move.
Wooden chairs provide stable seating, but they need to be used in the home due to their weight. Pick the one that meets your needs and the baby’s convenience.
A folding chair makes storage and transports easily because it can fold down to a compact size.
Most plastic high chairs have this feature. When buying a high chair for small spaces, check if it can be folded up. This will increase its overall value.
High chairs have various levels of adjustability. Check to see if the chair can be adjusted in height, seat recline angle, and the tray distance from the child.
Children’s safety is ensured with traditional harnesses, which are available in three-point and five-point designs. If the harness is too loose, the baby might slip out. It should be easy to open and close for you.
Make sure the high chair has a built-in tray, footrest, and cushion or padded seat. All these can improve the overall quality of the high chair.
I hope that your question about the best high chair for small spaces has been answered.
Remember, each of these chairs is unique in its own way. The variety provided by the different manufacturing is to spice up life because there would always be a variety that suits your taste.
Always check for the build material, the foldability, harness, adjustability, and accessories to be sure that they suit your taste and are what you want for your child.