Introducing your baby to a baby formula may have you contesting between Enfamil Neuropro vs Gentlease formulas. Although both products are from the same brand, they’re not the same.
To know if a formula is appropriate for your baby, you must consider the product’s contents and the age recommendation.
A comparison of Enfamil NeuroPro Vs Gentlease formulas provided in this article will guide you on which product is most suitable for your baby.
Table of Contents
- Enfamil Neuropro Vs Gentlease: Key Features, Pros & Cons
- Enfamil NeuroPro Vs Gentlease: Similarities and Differences
- Why Do Enfamil Gentlease Taste Different Than Regular Enfamil?
- Can I switch from NeuroPro to Gentlease?
- How To Know If Your Child Needs Enfamil Gentlease?
- Why You May Want To Switch From NeuroPro to Gentlease
- Alternative To Enfamil NeuroPro
- Enfamil NeuroPro vs Gentlease: Final Verdict
Enfamil Neuropro Vs Gentlease: Key Features, Pros & Cons
Babies have a weak immune system and require foods with a high nutritional quotient. Breast milk contains most of the nutrients they need to thrive.
But after weaning, they require the same nutrients to sustain their health and enable their growth. That is why baby formulas are made to contain these essential nutrients for the baby’s growth.
Enfamil NeuroPro and Gentlease are examples of such formulas containing the baby’s necessary nutrients.
But at every stage of a baby’s life, there are particular nutrients they require in more proportion, and some formulas contain these nutrients while others don’t. This means that not all formulas are fit for a specific age.
To understand what each product offers, we will have to consider each of them separately before making the comparisons to know how they vary.
Enfamil NeuroPro is a formula specifically made for infants. It contains protein, carbohydrates, fat, and various vitamins and minerals, all enhancing infant growth and development.
It covers an age range between 0 to 6 months, a child’s delicate and formative years.
Enfamil NeuroPro contains non-GMO ingredients and probiotics that aid digestion in infants.
The MFGM present in it is a good imitation of the breast milk they consume; it also aids their cognitive, motor, and language abilities and builds a positive behavioral pattern due to their good health.
Researchers have also said that Enfamil NeuroPro contains DHA and AHA (arachidonic acids), both Omega 6 acids that aid brain cell development and good sight.
In essence, Enfamil NeuroPro contains the primary nutrient required in a child’s formative years, alongside up to 30 more nutrients that support the baby’s growth.
The presence of MFGM in the formula makes it ideal for mothers looking for a way to replace breast milk with similar taste and Nutritional value.
- It contains a triple prebiotic blend to boost your baby’s immune system.
- It contains Omega 3 DHA to help your baby’s brain development
- It contains naturally occurring MFGM (milk fat globule membrane) components to aid in the development of your baby’s brain
Pros of NeuroPro
- Zero GMOs
- It includes a blend of prebiotics which helps to boost the immune system
- It is formulated to provide nutrients that taste close to breast milk
- Provides baby with all the necessary nutrients for proper brain development
- Very easy to measure and blend
Cons of NeuroPro
- It contains palm oil which can cause constipation
- It is not organic
- It is not hypoallergenic
- It is often out of stock
While Enfamil Neuro pro is for infants, Gentlease is meant to cover babies up to 12 months. It contains hydrolyzed protein which gives it a unique taste from normal Enfamil.
Not just the taste alone, but hydrolyzed protein is easy to digest, making Gentlease suitable for sensitive digestive systems children.
And although some children may not be so open to it in the first few days of being introduced to it due to its taste, many children seem to enjoy it above other foods after getting used to it.
Other contents of Gentlease are DHAs and Choline, which are required to develop a child’s cognitive abilities.
- It contains a dual prebiotic blend that helps to boost your baby’s immune system.
- It contains DHA and Choline for the baby’s brain development
- Designed to provide babies with all the necessary nutrition they need for their first year
- Zero artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners
Pros of Enfamil Gentlease
- It has zero sugar
- It dissolves easily
- It proteins are easy to digest even by sensitive tummies
- It has zero artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners
- It is designed to provide babies with all the necessary nutrition they need for their first year
- Very easy to measure and prepare
Cons of Enfamil Gentlease
- It is not organic
- It contains corn syrup, vegetable oils, soy, and dairy
- It is not designed to deal with acid reflux
- It is not hypoallergenic
Read Also: Enfamil Nutramigen Vs Enfamil Sensitive
Enfamil NeuroPro Vs Gentlease: Similarities and Differences
The best way to know how both products differ is to consider the similarities and differences.
Here are some closely related factors in both Enfamil NeuroPro and Gentlease.
Similarities between Enfamil NeuroPro and Gentlease
- Both contain nutrients that are essential for the development of a baby
- Both contain DHA, which aids brain development
- Although Neuro pro does not contain hydrolyzed protein, it is also easy to digest.
- Both have a close resemblance to the natural breast milk
- Both are very easy to measure and prepare
Differences between Enfamil NeuroPro and Gentlease
- NeuroPro is only suitable for babies within the age range of 0 to 6 months. Babies beyond this age recommendation require Gentlease to sustain their growth.
- Gentlease contains hydrolyzed protein which gives it a unique taste from Neuro pro.
- Gentlease does not contain any added flavors or colors, adding to its unique taste.
- Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease contains Milk fat globule membrane (MFGM), a bioactive milk component that helps support gastrointestinal and immune development. Conversely, Enfamil Gentlease does not have MFGM.
- Another striking difference between Enfamil NeuroPro and Enfamil Gentlease is that Enfamil Neuropro claims to help reduce spit-ups in babies.
- Another difference between Enfamil NeuroPro and Enfamil Gentlease is that Enfamil Gentlease is for easing fussing, crying and gas.
- Enfamil Gentlease is designed to come in powder form only, while Enfamil Neuropro is in powder and liquid form.
- Enfamil Neuropro is enriched with more vitamins, nutrients, and minerals than Enfamil Gentlease.
- Enfamil Gentlease costs $32 as compared to Enfamil Neuropro, which costs $20 for the powder form and $11 for the liquid form.
- While Enfamil Neuropro is designed to come in sticks single-serve packets (14 packs), Enfamil Gentlease is designed to come in Can.
Read Also: Enfamil Vs Similac Vs Nan Pro
Why Do Enfamil Gentlease Taste Different Than Regular Enfamil?
Another reason why Enfamil Gentlease tastes differently from Regular Enfamil because it was produced specifically for children with sensitive tummies.
As mentioned above, its easy-to-digest hydrolyzed protein makes this assertion genuine. It also has probiotics formulated to support your child’s immune system.
Additionally, the formula can support your child through to their first year of life. Enfamil Gentlease contains DHA and Choline, two essential nutrients a child needs for mental development.
These nutrients are similar to that found in human breast milk. The main difference between Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease and Enfamil Gentlease is that Enfamil Gentlease does not contain any artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
The above-stated reasons Enfamil Gentlease tastes different from Regular Enfamil are due to years of research and clinical studies.
Research in this study investigated the importance of breast milk in Enfamil Gentlease. As a result, researchers discovered the brain-building properties of the formula ingredients.
Read Also: Best DHA Supplement for Babies
Can I switch from NeuroPro to Gentlease?
Yes, it is okay to change from one of the products to another. However, you should be mindful of the contents of the products you are switching and take note of how your baby reacts to it.
Before you change from NeuroPro to Gentlease, observe if your baby passes out poop that is softer or more watery than it should be. Also, if your baby suddenly seems uncomfortable taking it, you may want to change to Gentlease.
After you’ve switched from NeuroPro to Gentlease, take note of the following signs.
Although both NeuroPro and Gentlease are of the same brand, they do not exactly contain the same ingredients.
Your baby might have enjoyed taking one product but react to another because of the difference in contents.
A baby’s stomach is more delicate than an adult’s; expecting your baby to adjust to a product after noticing some allergic reactions will only endanger your baby’s health.
Weight change can also result from switching from one formula to another.
It could be that your baby doesn’t enjoy the particular formula you switched to as much as he enjoyed the former one, which will make him eat less.
This will eventually lead to weight loss. Also, if your baby enjoys the latter more than the former, he will eat more of it and put on some weight.
Pay attention to the weight changes once you’ve switched over to decide if it is good for your baby or not.
Diarrhea is a common symptom associated with a switch in the formula, and it often goes away on its own.
If you find out that you have to change more diapers than usual for a while, the best line of action is to report to a pediatrician.
Your baby may experience stomach upset if you switch from one formula to another.
Your baby may show stomach upset or discomfort due to the digestive system trying to adjust to the new formula. Hence, always keep an eye on them.
How To Know If Your Child Needs Enfamil Gentlease?
As we discuss Enfamil NeuroPro vs Gentlease, you should know that there are various indications to know if your child needs Enfamil Gentlease.
One of these indications is if there is extra fussiness. This typically occurs if your baby is hard to please or easily irritated.
And when you notice this is more excessive than your child would typically feel, this might indicate that your baby needs Enfamil Gentlease.
Another factor is if your child passes more gas than usual. Your child’s passing gas is a sign of good health; however, if the gas is more than usual, your child requires Enfamil Gentlease.
Last but not least, if your child passes softer stool than it should be, they may have diarrhea. Having this information lets you know if your child needs Enfamil Gentlease.
Enfamil NeuroPro Ingredients
Enfamil Neuropro is enriched with a lot of Nutrients and Ingredients. The Ingredients are highlighted here
Why You May Want To Switch From NeuroPro to Gentlease
Several reasons a mother may want to switch from NeuroPro to Gentlease. Some of these reasons include
The price of a product can influence our decision. The same thing goes with baby formulas.
Most parents switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease because of the price. Another cost factor is whether either of the formulae has a free coupon available.
2. Helps with Spit-up
Most parents switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Gentlease because Enfamil Neuropro claims the advantage of helping babies that spit up.
Of course, as a mom, you would like a formula to help your baby’s spit-up.
3. Relieves Fussiness and Gas
Another good reason parents may want to switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Enfamil Gentlease is that Enfamil Gentlease can help relieve fussiness, crying, and gas in infants.
4. Ease of Preparation
Another important factor can make a mother switch from Enfamil Neuropro to Enfamil Gentlease.
Because Enfamil Gentlease is only available in powder form. Mothers who do not like stress may prefer the ready-to-use formula Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease, as it is available in powder and liquid form.
It would be absurd to contemplate switching from Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease, which contains MFGM to Enfamil Gentlease. The reason is that MFGM helps boost a baby’s immune and gastrointestinal development.
In addition, mothers will consider switching to Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease instead of switching from Enfamil Neuropro to Enfamil Gentlease.
Enfamil Neuropro is fortified with more vitamins, nutrients, and minerals than Enfamil Gentlease.
In addition, mothers who like buying formula in Can might consider switching from Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease to Enfamil Gentlease, which comes as a single serving in the sticks.
Read Also: Enfamil Sensitive vs. Similac Sensitive
Alternative To Enfamil NeuroPro
Similac 2 – FL HMO Pro Advance
This formula is the same as Enfamil Neuropro, and here is why;
- Both have DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid that helps with proper brain function.
- Minerals, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and fats are similar in Similac Pro Advance and Enfamil Neuropro.
- Both contain ingredients previously found in breastmilk.
- Enfamil Neuropro uses MFGM (Milk Fat Globule Membrane), a fatty substance for brain development, whereas Similac uses 2′ – FL Human Milk Oligosaccharide.
Furthermore, Similac Pro Sensitive and Enfamil Gentlease are formulas similar to Enfamil Neuropro Gentlease because they can provide your baby with healthy nutrients required for growth and development.
Pros of Similac Pro Advance
- It has zero GMOs, corn syrup, artificial growth hormones, or added sugar
- The formula contains a blend of prebiotics, vitamins, and nutrients that help support the baby’s immune system, eye, and brain development
- The formula is specially formulated to taste close to breast milk
Cons of Similac Pro Advance
- It contains vegetable oil, lactose, and dairy
Enfamil NeuroPro vs Gentlease: Final Verdict
There are certain factors to consider for each product when deciding which is the best for your baby and at what stage.
Factors to consider before deciding on which products are suitable for your baby are their age recommendation and the contents to make sure that your baby is not allergic to any of the ingredients present in the formula.
On the other hand, comparing Enfamil Neuropro vs Gentlease taking a middle ground will not answer the question.
Thus, it is crucial to state that Enfamil Neuropro has easier to digest proteins than Enfamil Gentlease. Hence, making it a better choice than Enfamil Gentlease.