Pregnancy can mean different things to different women. It can be exhausting, emotional, tiring, isolating, or exciting, and the intriguing part is that it can also be all of this to one person.
You may need to express yourself using inspirational quotes about pregnancy at every stage because no two stages are the same.
In this article, we have compiled a list of quotes that can express how you feel at every stage of the journey.
Table of Contents
- The Ideal Pregnancy Quote
- Inspirational Quotes About Pregnancy
The Ideal Pregnancy Quote
No one quote can express how every pregnant woman feels every time. When you’re excited, angry, or lonely, you alone understand how you feel and should be able to decide what quote best describes your emotions.
While some women may have similar pregnancy symptoms and experiences, emotions are unique to every woman because of some factors that can vary their experiences.
Some factors that can affect your pregnancy experience and emotions include;
It’s no news that one’s environment has a lot of influence on their behavioral patterns and emotions. It is the same with pregnancy.
Your environment can make you feel better or worse during pregnancy. Living in an untidy musty house can alter your mood and physical looks.
Pregnancy can be such a lonely experience for women who lack emotional support from friends and family.
If you have friends coming over to spend time with you, help you with house chores or listen to you vent about your exhausting day, it lifts the burden of dealing with these problems alone, which can be emotionally draining and depressing.
Being financially buoyant can guarantee you some level of security. You’d be in a better mental and physical position when you don’t have to worry about paying for antenatal medications, buying baby items, or maintaining the appropriate diet.
Also, not having enough money to care for yourself and your baby can make you dread pregnancy.
These are some factors that make pregnancy different for different women. Because of how emotional women become during pregnancy due to hormonal changes, their emotional requirements may differ from the others due to their varying experiences.
Inspirational Quotes About Pregnancy
Each stage of pregnancy is different from the others. Some stages can make you more emotional than others because of the increasing hormonal changes within.
At every stage, there are inspirational quotes about pregnancy meant to speak to you or pass a message to the people around you.
Here are some inspirational quotes about pregnancy to express how you feel at different times:
Quotes About Being Pregnant
1. “Life cannot be understood until it grows inside of you.” Sandra Chami Kassis
2. “Being pregnant is the only time when you can do nothing and still be productive.” Evan Esar
3. “Being a mother is carrying your baby inside your body for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart, until you die.” Mary Mason
4. “As I navigate through this pregnancy, everything grows rounder, wider, and weirder, and I sit here, in the middle of it all and wondering who in the world you’ll turn out to be.” Carrie Fisher
5. “You can hear now. Your inner ear is formed. I scream ‘I love you’ into the bedroom, then feel stupid. Then I don’t. This is the story of my Life. Suzanne Finnamore.
6. “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman and distressingly inhabited. Our soul and spirit are stretched, along with our body. Making pregnancy a time of transition, growth and profound beginnings.” _ Anne Christian Buchana
7. “Pregnancy is getting company inside of one’s skin.” _ Maggie Scarf
8. “No matter how meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or unexpected your pregnancy was, your life will never be the same.” _ Catherine Jones
9. “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the bundle of joy growing inside me was the only short I had in life to assist God in a miracle.” Erma Bombeck
10. “The truth is, being pregnant is gradually changing me. Each day is a part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my Life and made me reevaluate my personal and professional goals.” Holly Madison
11. “Being pregnant has helped me understand my true relationship with my body.” Amy Adams.
12. “Being pregnant is an incredible reminder of what a woman’s body is made to do.” – Kourtney Kardashian.
13. “Most people who say they slept like a baby usually don’t have one.” – Leo J. Burke
14. “If your baby is gorgeous and perfect, sleeps on schedule, burps on demand, and is always an angel, you are a grandma.” — Theresa Bloomingdale
15. “What good parents instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
16. “Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here minutes ago, I would die for you. This is what Mother’s Love is about.” — Maureen Hawkins
17. “The moment a baby is born, the mother is also born too. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother never. A mother is something new and is a whole new experience.” ― Rajneesh
18. “Honey is sweet, but a newborn baby is even sweeter.” — Unknown
19. “A baby is something you carry in your belly for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart, until you are no more” — Mary Mason
20. “Giving birth is not about pushing or expelling the baby, but about yielding, surrendering to birth energy.” — Marie Reid
21. “Pregnancy is a natural process that makes you surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” — Judy Ford
22. “Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting your little bundle of joy.” — Anonymous
Pregnancy Quotes For Couples
23. “Life is a rollercoaster ride. It’s a privilege to go through it with a partner.” Kristen Bell
24. “One of the best things to hold onto in this life is each other.” Audrey Hepburn
25. “Alone, we can only achieve so little. Together we can do a lot.” Helen Keller
26. “Giving birth to our children opens us up to new possibilities.” Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
27. “It doesn’t matter how big our house was, what matters most is if there was love in it .” Peter Buffet
28. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” _ George Satayana
29. “Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.” _ Paul Pearlsall
30. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A healthy dose of mutual respect, an abundance of love, and grace.” _ Fawn Weaver
31. “To enjoy the full value of joy, you must have someone to share it with.” _ Mark Twain
32. “Be present. To show up everyday is kind of the most romantic part because you can bail at any moment.” _ Maya Rudolph
33. “Parenting is about learning to roll with the punches, so consider an unexpected pregnancy the universe’s way of teaching you that.” — Heather Wittenberg
34. “One of the astonishing things about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your first priority.” — Olivia Wilde
35. “You’ll never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves.” — Henry Ward Beecher
36. “A father is incomplete until he has seen the baby he has made.” — Sammy Davis Jr.
37. “Life doesn’t get more real than the arrival of a newborn at home.” — Eric Church
38. “When you are getting ready for parenthood, talk to rocks because they have similar listening habits.” — Rodney Lacroix
39. “When we advise new parents to treasure these moments because they won’t last forever, we should also reassure them that they will survive these moments because they won’t last forever.” — L.R. Knost
40. “One of the most difficult things about being a parent is that you just never know the outcome. It’s a whole leap of faith.”- ‘Waiting For Birdy’.
Positive Pregnancy Quotes
41. “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of all possibilities.” _ Eda LeShan
42. “Let us make pregnancy a period when we appreciate our female bodies.” _ Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
43. “A grand adventure is about to begin.” _ Winnie de Pooh
44. “You are the closest that will ever come to magic.” Suzanne Finnamore
45. “Children ignite your world for you.” _ Susan Sarandon
46. “Motherhood is the greatest risk in the world. It brightens your Life, but it is huge and can be scary – it’s an act of endless optimism.” _ Gilda Radner
47. “You are already my best experience ever.” Hannah Ferrier
48. “Pregnancy journey can be a long road, but in the end, leads to be the best maternity gift ever.” Unknown
49. “When I was pregnant, I was so big and people on the train would get up for me. That made me feel so special, valued and happy. I try to treat everyone like they’re pregnant.” _ Mariska Hargitay
50. “You’ll never figure out life until it grows inside of you.” Sandra Chami Kassis
51. “A baby is God’s belief that life should go on.” — Carl Sandburg
52. “Babies are always more trouble than you thought—and sweeter.” — Charles Osgood
53. “There is nothing like a perfect parent, so just be a real one.” — Sue Atkins
54. “My baby is the closest that will ever come to magic.” — Suzanne Finnamore
55. “Appreciate your body for what it has done.” — Sia Cooper
56. “You can learn many things from kids. This includes patience and endurance.” — Franklin P. Jones
57. “There is only one beautiful child in this world, and every mother has it.” — Chinese Proverb
58. “Babies are wishing wells, where everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their past, and their two cents in.” — Elizabeth Bard
59. “The greatest right of women is being a mother.” — Lin Yutang
60. “A newborn arrival brings about new possibilities within ourselves.” — Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
61. “Talk to your children as if they are the wisest, kindest, most beautiful and magical humans on earth, since what they believe is what they will become.” — Brooke Hampton
62. “The flame of life burns out continuously, but catches fire again each time a child is born.” — George Bernard Shaw
63. “When your newborn arrives, the best you can hope for is that they break open every hidden thing about you. Your mind floods with oxygen. Your heart becomes a room with wide-open windows.” – Amy Poehler.
64. “You grow a lot when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, ‘Yikes. Here it is, folks. Playtime is over.'” — Connie Fioretto
Quotes About Pregnancy Difficulty
65. “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” _ Laura Stavoe Harm
66. “You grow up more when you’re pregnant. It’s suddenly like, “Yikes. Here it is, friends. Playtime is over.” Cornie Fioretto
67. “Deciding to bring a child in this world is not an easy decision to make. It is to decide for the rest of your Life to have your heart walking around outside your body.” _ Elizabeth Stone
68. “In the pregnancy process, I have realized how much of the burden is on the female partner. There is a construction zone going on in her belly.” Al Roker
70. “Parenting is one of the hardest things because you never know how it will pan out. It’s a total leap of faith.” _ Catherine Newman
71. “The first pregnancy involves a long sea voyage to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that, after a while, it is just the horizon – and then one day, birds wheel over that dark shape and suddenly it is close. You can only hope that you have taken the right shots.” _ Emily Perkins
72. “I know I can do this, I’m pregnant, not brain damaged. My condition doesn’t change who I am.” _ Christine Feehan
73. “Pregnancy is the most self-indulgent time of your life because you get messages and prenatal yoga and hypnotherapy CDs” _ Emily Blunt
74. “Pregnancy comes with a glow, and that it’s because you’re sweating to death.” _ Jessica Simpson
75. “If I could live my life over, I would have treasured every moment of pregnancy and realized that it was my only chance to help God in a miracle.” _ Erma Bombeck
76. “Pregnancy can be a challenging time for a woman because it’s forever-changing, both mentally and physically.” — Brooke Burke
- Feeling Anxiety During Pregnancy (Unlock Your Inner Peace)
- Feeling Unattractive During Pregnancy (Tips To Help You Cope)
Even though people assume pregnancy to be an exciting experience for every woman, it’s unrealistic because there are moments when you may feel alone or question your decision to be pregnant.
No matter the thoughts, this article has numerous inspirational quotes about pregnancy to help you feel better about yourself.