Are you wondering how to clean the netting on a pack and play? Interestingly, after two or more babies, the netting on your pack n play is soiled, and you wondering how to keep it clean so you can pass it on. Don’t worry we’ve got you!
We all know a pack n play is that place where small toys, puffs, and mashed carrots thrive.
Usually, every corner of your child’s pack n play is a load of grime, dirt, dust, and particles and all these can get any parent or caregiver frustrated.
Thankfully, learning how to clean the netting on a pack and play is rather simple as long as you remain consistent with your cleanings the results will be well worth it.
How To Clean The Netting On A Pack And Play
The first thing you’ll want to do when learning how to clean the netting on a pack and play is to assess the situation. Inspect your child’s pack and play and know the best course of action.
You Will Need:
- Mild laundry detergent
- Tarpaulin, waterproof mat, or rough outdoor surface
- Warm water
- Sponges (2 of the same size)
- Clean white washcloths
- Clean towel
How to Clean the Netting on a Pack and Play: 10 Steps
- Firstly, take off everything from the inside of the pack n play.
- Place the pack n play on a tarp, waterproof mat, or outdoors on a rough surface. Water will drip off the pack n play during the cleaning process. Therefore avoid doing it over carpet if possible.
- Add warm water and mild detergent to the bucket and mix properly. You need to add enough detergent to form a slightly sudsy solution. Avoiding adding too much detergent or soap because they might prove difficult to remove, and the resultant residue will attract dirt.
- Immerse the two sponges into the cleaning solution until they are saturated. Squeeze them gently to take off excess moisture. You want to keep them wet, and not dripping too much.
- Now start cleaning the mesh netting by placing sponges back to back with one on each of the sides of the netting. Clean both sides at the same time, moving the sponges in unison. This method will allow you to put some pressure without damaging the netting. Clean both sides at the same time, and use the dual surface to wipe the dirt away.
- Work your way around the pack n play until the mesh is clean and free of dirt.
- Empty the bucket and rinse it with fresh and clean water.
- Immerse the washcloths into clean water. Use the same back-to-back method and work your way around the pack n play again, rinsing the cloths in water frequently to remove any leftover detergent residue.
- Now use a clean, dry towel to mop up any excess moisture that may be stuck in the bottom of the pack n play.
- Finally, allow the pack n play to air dry completely before using or taking it apart for storage.
Cleaning Tips and Advice
If you do not have a waterproof mat and you want to clean your pack n play over a carpet, lay several thick towels over a few clean garbage bags. The towels will absorb the water, while the garbage bags prevent the dampness from seeping into the carpet.
- How To Clean Chicco Pack and Play
- How To Clean A Pack And Play With Bed Bugs
- How To Clean A Graco Pack And Play Mattress
- How To Get Pee Smell Out Of Pack And Play
We hope this article has given an in-depth knowledge to answer the question, how to clean the netting on a pack and play.
Remember, when cleaning a pack n play, make sure you use mild laundry detergent, so you don’t cause any allergic reactions with your child.