Did your baby spit up so much that it completely soaked through the cover of his Hidetex Baby pillow and you begin to wonder how to wash Hidetex baby pillow?
As you know baby pillows are pillows that are specifically designed to fit perfectly around a baby’s extremely delicate head to help avoid flat-head syndrome.
They are also one of the most-used items in our home, are prone to accumulate dirt, dead skin cells, stains, and even microbes. Read on as we lay down various tips to follow to keep your hidetex baby pillow clean.
How To Wash Hidetex Baby Pillow – Easy Tips
When a newborn arrives, there is so much new information to learn, new schedules to adapt to, new items, and always a forever run to the store for last-minute things that your baby needs you just hadn’t known.
As you may know, Hidetex Pillow is designed to prevent Plagiocephaly. About 20% of babies fewer than 2 months are affected by a flat or lopsided head.
Doctors recommend that babies should always sleep on their backs. However, this can deform the back of the head, a medical condition known as ‘flat head syndrome’.
As a parent, it might also interest you to know that there are proven tips to explore to wash your baby pillow. Below are various tips to explore to help you wash your hidetex baby pillow properly.
Washing Machine Tips
- Firstly, remove the pillow protector.
- Check fabric care instructions before washing.
- Press out as much air as you can before sticking your baby pillow in the washer.
- Then fill the washing machine with hot water best for the fabric. This will help to kill dust and mites without the need for bleach or other harsh chemicals.
- Add low-suds mild detergent.
- Add the pillow and agitate.
- Rinse severally.
- Squeeze excess water out of the pillow with a white terry cloth towel.
- Then, place the pillow in the dryer and air dry or hang outside to dry. You can also place two tennis balls in a sock in the dryer with your pillow. This helps in the drying process and keeps your pillow’s shape.
- If your baby pillow is smelly, whether from your baby’s spit-up or something else, try half a cup of baking soda in the main wash to neutralize the odor.
- Additionally, if you want to remove a musty or mildew scent from your baby pillow, add one cup of white vinegar to the main wash.
Spot Cleaning Tips
You must use quality and safe antimicrobial spray when spot-cleaning your baby pillow, especially if it’s not machine-washable. Never have you soak a non-machine-washable pillow. Here is an all-natural homemade antibacterial spray you could use and how to use them.
- A 20 oz. spray bottle.
- Hot water.
- Washing soda. This is usually available in the laundry section at your local grocery stores.
Read Also: How To Wash Pillow With Baking Soda
How To Use
- Firstly, fill your spray bottle with two cups of hot water.
- Now, add a quarter cup of washing soda.
- Shake & spray on affected areas.
How Often Should I Wash Baby Pillow?
Whether your baby pillow is made of natural fibers (such as down) or synthetic materials (often polyester), most baby pillows can be washed in a washing machine.
These pillows should be cleaned often in other to remove stains, mold, bacteria, and odors. However, read instructions on the pillow’s tag to make sure it is not dry-cleaned only.
I hope you have learned something from this article “How to wash hidetex baby pillow”. Also, remember that when buying a baby pillow; always pay close attention to the care label.
The pillow must provide proper cleaning and safety information to avoid causing any irritation or allergic reaction to your baby.
Was this post helpful? Are you now ready to clean the hidetex baby pillow? Or do you have any other tips on how to wash baby pillow? Why not share your tips and experiences with us in the comments below.