When choosing between Kendamil vs SMA Pro, it can be tricky if you’re a first-time parent or have yet to learn what to expect from most of these brands.
If you are not informed, you may end up with an unsuitable formula for your baby, wasting both time and money and risking your baby’s health.
Thankfully, this article will clear up any confusion about what to expect from using any of the brands discussed above and will help you decide which to choose.
Kendamil Vs SMA Pro
Choosing what foods to prepare for the house can sometimes be difficult for an adult, let alone for an infant with no communication.
You begin to guess their preferences, allergy triggers, and other factors affecting their feedings.
Choosing a formula for newborns is the biggest challenge for parents. It may be different for parents of toddlers who can communicate better, but choosing the right formula can be challenging.
Luckily, much research has been done to make it easier for parents to choose the formula to feed their babies.
Because of this, many comparisons like Kendamil vs SMA Pro shed light on what each brand offers and represents.
However, before choosing a formula for your baby, here are a few things to consider.
Age of Your Baby
The advice is to breastfeed babies before introducing them to formula.
Unfortunately, not every parent can do so for various reasons. When parents cannot breastfeed from birth, a formula containing the nutrients in breast milk is best suited for them.
For babies of all ages, some formulas contain the nutrients needed.
Most parents prefer to follow the trends; if their friends are feeding their children formula, they want to do the same for their babies.
If you are considering major decisions about your baby, consult your pediatrician first.
A Baby’s health is directly affected by the type of formula you feed him; it can either improve his growth or hinder it.
Getting the right recommendation from a pediatrician is the best option.
Considering these factors, you can narrow your choices to formulas that will satisfy your baby best.
Kendamil Baby Formula
The Kendamil brand is an organic UK brand for babies between 0 and 12 months.
They use demineralized whey powder, vegetable oils, and whole milk in their products, and they do not use palm oil for the sake of their customers and the environment.
Kendamil remains an all-time favorite Organic formula for many people across the UK after over 57 years of consistent research and improvement.
- Whole milk
- LCP oils
- Demineralized Whey protein powder
- Vegetable oils
- Kendamil first infant formula (0-6months)
- Kendamil cereal (4+months and above)
- It is made from natural farm produce.
- Vegetarian friendly
- It has no palm oil in it.
- It contains DHA from Omega 3 and ARA from Omega 6, which aids in supporting brain growth.
- It contains prebiotics for the digestive system.
- It is creamy and tasty.
- It is soy and gluten-free.
- It doesn’t contain probiotics
- It is expensive
SMA Pro Baby Formula
SMA Pro formula contains ingredients that support young children’s growth, such as Omega 3 & 6 to support normal growth and development and vitamins A, C & D to support a child’s immune system.
It is also enriched with iron to help support normal cognitive development in babies’ brains.
The formula also contains 2’FL – a human milk oligosaccharide (HMO), which serves as a prebiotic in the human digestive system.
The company is backed up by over 100 years of research and experience aimed at supporting a baby’s development and a healthy immune system.
SMA Pro formula comes in three brands
- SMA Pro Infant Milk – a nutritionally complete breast milk substitute enriched with Omega 3 (DHA)
- SMA PRO Follow on Milk – for babies from 6 months as part of a varied weaning diet. It is enriched with iron to help support normal cognitive development in a baby’s brain. It also contains 2’FL.
- SMA PRO Growing Up Milk – For babies from 1-3 years. It contains vitamin D and calcium to support bones’ normal growth and development. It also contains 2’FL.
|Energy||280 kj 67 kcal|
- Forever recyclable steel tin
- Easy to scoop and recyclable
- The protective lid is also recyclable
- It contains vitamins A, C & D to help support the normal function of a child’s immune system.
- Includes vitamin D and calcium to support bones’ normal growth and development.
- It contains Omega 3 & 6 to support normal development & growth.
- Enriched with iron to help support normal cognitive development in a baby’s brain.
- It has good taste
- It contains 2’FL – a human milk oligosaccharide (HMO), a prebiotic in the human digestive system.
- Perfect for babies’ sensitive stomach
- It is pricey
Read Also: Kendamil vs Aptamil
Kendamil vs SMA Pro: Similarities and Differences
- Both formulas are easy to digest and suitable for sensitive stomachs
- They include enough essential vitamins for babies’ proper growth and development.
- Both contain prebiotics
- Babies can use both formulas from birth
- They’re both iron-fortified
- They’re both pricey
- Kendamil contains plant-based DHA, while SMA Pro does not
- Kendamil is an Organic product, while SMA Pro is not.
- SMA formula milk has a wider range of products than kendamil
- SMA formula is suitable for babies from 0-3 years. Kendamil is only suitable for babies from 0-12 months
- Kendamil is veggie friendlier than SMA Pro
The Kendamil vs SMA Pro comparison highlights the strengths and weaknesses of both brands. Additionally, both brands are dedicated to creating the best formula for children of all ages based on years of research.
Although we cannot completely rank one over the other, each brand serves different purposes for babies. The brand you choose should be based on your baby’s needs.