Have you been wondering how to clean IKEA high chair straps? We all know high chairs are made for messes and are quite easy to clean, but sometimes trying to get those gross dingy straps clean can be a nightmare.
Rockydad reveals a new parenting hack that looks set to make mealtimes a lot easier and quicker. Read on to learn proven tips on how to clean IKEA high chair straps. Read On…
What You’ll Need
- Baking soda.
- White vinegar.
- Soft brush.
- Bleach (Although optional).
- A disinfecting/sterilizing solution like Milton sterilizing fluid.
How To Clean IKEA High Chair Straps: Proven Tips To Follow
ANTILOP highchair is easy to take apart and bring along, so your child sits safely and steadily whether you are at home, at your friend’s place, or at the restaurant.
However, follow these simple steps to get your IKEA high chair clean.
- First, remove the straps from the chair.
- If you are using a washing machine, put the straps in the wash bag and throw them into the machine.
- If you are washing by hand, first soak the straps in hot water with appropriate laundry detergent for some hours or overnight. However, you can add baking soda or white vinegar to ease stain removal or bad odor. Now use a soft brush and gently scrub off to remove dirt and loosen build-up.
- In any case, the stain refuses to go, so apply bleach. Some manufacturers are against the use of bleaching agents on high chair straps. Therefore, make sure you carefully read the manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning.
- Rinse the straps thoroughly to eliminate any traces of the detergent and bleach.
- Then disinfect the straps. You can achieve this by using white vinegar, Milton solution, or any other disinfectant you may have at home that is safe to use on baby items.
- Finally, use a dry cloth or towel to dry the straps, or hang the strap outside to air dry.
3 IKEA Highchair Tips You Need To Know
For many reasons, the ANTILOP is one of the world’s best-selling high chairs, and we can see why. At €15 a pop, the IKEA chair is cheap as chips, and of course, it’s sturdy and durable, and the construction is simple yet functional.
Unlike many baby feeding seats on the high street, the Scandinavian retailer’s high chair doesn’t have any crumb-catching crevices making it a dream to clean, and as a bonus, it can be loaded into the back of the car without any fuss.
But that is not all – here are 3 Ikea ANTILOP high chair tips you may not have known.
It’s Dishwasher Safe
Not only is the high chair easy on the pocket, but it’s also dishwasher safe. Yes, you read that right. Simply remove the legs and lob it in the dishwasher, and off you go.
The seat and table are made from polypropylene, a common plastic rated safe for the dishwasher’s top rack.
It’s the bath hack every parent wishes they had known. If you don’t have a bath aid, don’t worry, you won’t need one when you have an ANTILOP highchair. Simply remove the legs, and VOILA! Hack of the century.
It Doesn’t Come With A Footrest
Unfortunately, the Antilop does not have a footrest. Sadly, like adults sitting on a high bar stool, young children need support for their feet to boost concentration levels while sitting in a highchair.
Dangling feet can result in fidgeting and wriggling to get comfortable distracting little ones from their food.
However, all is not lost. You could whip up a little hammock to rest their feet on if you’re crafty. You could use a fidget band, a large elastic band usually used as part of a sensory diet for children attending Occupational therapy.
Also, you could invest in a Footsi, an easy-to-use adjustable strap believed to improve posture and concentration in a highchair. Hands up, who is off to buy one?
- How To Fold Cosco High Chair
- How To Clean Inglesina High Chair
- When Can Baby Use Restaurant High Chair
- When Do Toddlers Stop Using High Chairs (5 Signs To Look Out For)
Washing an IKEA High chair strap can be daunting without the proper tools and guidance. Consistent wipe-downs, weekly cleaning maintenance, and monthly deep-cleans will keep gross food build-up at bay.
However, following the procedure carefully or improvising with the information you do have will make sure your high chair straps are well-cleaned with minimal damage.
This protects your baby from health complications that may result from bacteria or mold that grows on dirty high chairs and straps.
Have you cleaned high chair straps before? Do you have any tips on how to clean IKEA high chair straps better? Share with us in the comments below!