Are you wondering how to clean Maclaren stroller? Did you just buy a second-hand Maclaren stroller and your thinking of the best ways to make it look brand new? Don’t worry this article has the answers to your question.
Certain dirt from the walkway, spilled food, and drinks, and various stains from daily life with your little one or small child can end up on your stroller. Maclaren strollers are designed with a rugged fabric that allows you to wash it yourself with minimal possibility of damaging it.
Although there are several designs, most strollers feature a fabric seat and canopy, with a metal frame and plastic parts. Although you can vacuum out the seat for a quick clean, occasional deep cleaning of the fabric keeps it looking brand new.
The frame and plastic parts require frequent cleaning, depending on dirt buildup and how often you use the stroller.
The Complete Guide On How To Clean Maclaren Stroller
Things You Will Need:
- Mild Detergent
- Dish Soap
- Warm Water
Most Maclaren strollers have removable seat covers. Attachment methods may be different, but removal starts with disengaging the straps from the rear of the stroller frame. The strap attachment ends which a majority of brands are made of plastic snap into the frame.
Sliding a slotted screwdriver between the connection end and the stroller frame unsnaps it so you can rotate it and slide it through space in the frame.
After you have removed the straps, unsnap the edges of the seat cover from the side arms of the stroller frame (if needed for your model) and take off the seat cover.
Depending on the model you’re using, you can take out the entire seat or just the seat pad. Take out the canopy by either unscrewing it from the frame or by opening the connection clasps, depending on the model of the stroller. Detach any plastic trays attached to the stroller for separate cleaning.
How To Clean Maclaren Stroller Seats, Fabric And Canopies
Washing and drying the fabric of your Maclaren stroller by hand prolongs its life span and prevents shrinkage. Here is how to clean Maclaren seats, fabric, and canopies.
- Fill up your sink with lukewarm water and add a mild detergent.
- Shake out or vacuum up loose dirt before throwing the fabric into the sink.
- Scrub with a mildly abrasive cloth or brush to removes stains.
- The non-removable fabric should be dampened and washed on the frame with a gentle scrub. Although the Maclaren stroller canopy is removable, its internal frame isn’t, therefore it requires washing on the frame with a damp sponge.
- Finally, after your done washing, rinse down detergent with clear water and hang any removable fabrics outside to dry.
Make sure the fabric is dry completely before you reattach it to the frame. Otherwise, the moisture may create mildew buildup. Also, ensure that the seat strap connecting ends lock securely in place with an audible click before placing your child in the stroller.
Read Also: How To Fold A Maclaren Stroller
How To Clean Maclaren Stroller Frame
Salt can cause rust and affect the durability of the frame. To clean your Maclaren stroller frame properly simply:
- Rinse the frame with clean water after using it in snow, near saltwater, or in any other environment that can cause salt buildup. By doing this, protects it against rust.
- For normal cleaning, use a clean damp cloth or multi-purpose cleaner to eliminate dirt, mud, and food from the frame and wheels of the stroller.
Avoid abrasive cleaners, firm brushes, or scouring pads. You can sanitize or wipe down the frame with mild disinfectant after each cleaning.
- 3 Wheel vs 4 Wheel Strollers – Pros and Cons
- How Old Is Too Old For A Stroller
- Best Strollers For Tall Parents
- How To Get Mold Out Of Fabric In A Stroller
How To Clean Maclaren Stroller Plastic Pieces
Maclaren strollers have several plastic clips that hold the seat and canopy firm, and some models have plastic trays, cup holders, and other accessories. To clean your stroller plastic pieces properly simply:
- Wash these parts in hot water as you would any dish, using liquid dish soap and a gentle abrasive cloth or dish sponge.
- The plastic parts need to rinse after washing, and then you can air dry or wipe them dry as desired.
Also, you can quickly clean these parts on the stroller after each use by wiping them down with a multi-purpose cleaner and a disinfectant.
I hope this article has given an in-depth discussion to answer the question, How To Clean Maclaren Stroller? However, having the right information on the best way to care for your baby stroller will help prolong its life span and most importantly prevents your baby from contracting all kinds of germs. Still, need to know more? Learn How To Clean A Graco Stroller