Newborns come with a lot of messy situations. Did your little one poop on your carpet? Are you wondering how to remove baby poop off your carpet? Don’t worry, we have all your answers right here.
Having a poop rubbed off on any of your home items can be very frustrating, unhealthy for you, and embarrassing when you have a visitor around whether it is baby’s poop or pet poop.
It is a difficult situation to deal with and just like the stain it makes, the impression is not a pleasant one either.
To save yourself from such embarrassments and related troubles, here are very easy steps to help you out with cleaning stains from your carpet. In this article, we will be exposing you to easy steps to take to get the poop out of your way.
Table of Contents
- How To Remove Baby Poop Off Your Carpet: Methods Involved
- How To Remove Baby Poop Off Your Carpet: 7 Easy Steps
How To Remove Baby Poop Off Your Carpet: Methods Involved
What You’ll Need
- A soft paper towel or wet rag.
- Carpet brush
- Carpet cleanser
- Dish Detergent
For some people who are used to living with pets or babies, having these kinds of stains around the house is not a new experience, but it is still not pleasant. It could be stained from food remains urine, vomit, or water spillage.
Here are a few methods to employ to ensure those stains are eliminated in your house, especially when the area is your carpet and the stain is poop.
1. Timely Response
How soon you respond to any situation at all makes it easier to handle, especially when it involves baby poop on your carpet, you have to attend to it as soon as it comes.
Whenever there’s a spillage or stain on any equipment in the house, the faster you attend to it, the more chances you have to clean it up quickly and better.
For baby poop, as soon as you notice the stain on the carpet, do not wait until it dries up before you decide to clean. If not the poop particles may be wiped out but the stain will remain when you eventually clean it up.
Get you’re cleaning tools up and wipe them off immediately, it will save you from more trouble. Treat every stain around the house this way and you will have better chances at maintaining a clean house again.
2. Use of Soft Paper Towel or Wet Rag
When wiping off baby poop from the carpet, it does not wipe off by just using anything; you need to be strategic with what tools to use and how to go about it.
Use a disposable paper towel or a wet rag to first clean up the mass of poop that might have been robbed on the carpet before proceeding with other cleaning materials.
These other materials may include detergents or liquid soaps, surface cleaners, room fresheners, or perfumes, which would be discussed subsequently.
But in a case where there are no other options except for the paper towel and rag, use more of it to wipe off as much of the stains as possible.
3. Use of Carpet Brush
There are brushes with strong prongs made for such this kind of situation, these brushes can be found in our local supermarkets, stores or online.
After using a paper towel to wipe off most of the poop, use a carpet brush to scrub off some particles that may have sunken inside of the carpet which if left, may cause health issues in a short time and also leave a permanent stain and odor on the carpet.
The brush can be used alongside a bowl of water with some detergent dissolved in it. Deep the brush into the water and scrub, repeat this process until all the stains and smells are wiped out completely.
4. Use of Cleansers
There are a variety of surface cleansers for cleaning the house. Some of them serve the purpose of leaving the surface clean and shiny, others are disinfectants against germs that may be hovering, others contain nice fragrance that gives the house a conducive atmosphere.
Whichever you choose to work with will suffice for this purpose. You can choose to dilute it in water as you scrub with your carpet brush (as in the case of detergents or liquid soaps) or just spray it on the area where the baby poop was wiped from.
Read: How To Use Woolite Carpet Cleaner
5. Detergents/Liquid Soaps
Some soaps and detergents contain chemicals that are specifically made for fighting germs that are trapped in our clothes or surfaces.
When wiping off poop from the carpet, it disinfects the area leaving it clean and healthier for use.
When choosing the type of detergent to use, it is advisable to go for the less harsh type which will not damage the materials you want to clean. After which you can now use clean water to rinse off the foam.
6. Use of Disinfectants
Disinfectants are not necessarily detergents but they work hand in hand with it. And their main purpose in the cleaning process is to leave a healthy spot after the cleaning has been done.
They can come in spray bottles to be sprayed around the house or just poured directly on the affected area.
7. Use of Fragrance/Perfumes
House perfumes give this reassuring feeling that you don’t have to be too careful about being infected with any disease around the house.
Some house perfumes are made of natural fruits or herbs with a specific purpose. For instance, using a house perfume made from lemon gives a feeling of revival and mood enhancement.
Aside from having to clean off baby poop or stains in the house, having a nice scenting house can be blissful for both yourself and your visitors.
Using this around the house can enhance your mood if you’re having a bad day, and not just that it leaves the house in a more conducive atmosphere.
Read: Best Stain Remover For Baby Poop
How To Remove Baby Poop Off Your Carpet: 7 Easy Steps
For upholstery and carpets, you can prepare a three-ingredient homemade solution to remove the mess:
- First, use a paper towel to wipe off the mass of poop that might have been robbed on the carpet. This makes it easier to clean with other materials like the carpet brush or sponges.
- Then begin by mixing ½ tablespoons of liquid detergent like Dawn and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar into 2 cups of warm water.
- After that use a clean, white cloth or carpet brush and sponge the stain with the detergent-vinegar solution. When you’re done, blot until the liquid is absorbed.
- Keep applying the solution and blotting until the stain is eliminated or is no longer absorbed into the carpet.
- For leftover stains, get an eyedropper to apply hydrogen peroxide, and then apply two of ammonia on the affected area. If your carpet is made of wool, do not try this because it can discolor the carpet.
- Once the stains are eliminated, spray or pour a small amount of cold water onto the affected area. Sponge and blot dry with a new cloth to remove any excess cleaning solution from your carpet and carpet pad.
- Finally, once the area is dried, sprinkle baking soda over the cleaned area and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes. Now, vacuum it up and you’ll be amazed how sparkling your carpet will be!
Here is video showing you how to remove baby poop off your carpet
It is good to note that, when dealing with poop stains, how soon you respond to it matters.
When you respond as soon as you notice any baby poop on your carpet, you have more chances of getting better results when you apply the steps above, do not wait until it dries off before you clean it up.
- How To Prevent Diaper Blowouts
- How To Get Pee Smell Out Of Carpet From Dog
- How To Clean Poop Out Of Pack n Play
- How To Get Yellow Poop Stains Out Of Baby Clothes
- Can Blueberries Make Baby Poop Black? Explained
Having read through this article, you can now understand that you don’t have to throw away your carpet just because there’s a poop stain on it.
You can apply the steps above on how to wipe off baby poop from the carpet and not just that but other related stains too whenever faced with such situations.
And not just the carpet but other house equipment too. These steps can be applied to keep them clean and free from germs and stains.