Choosing the right formula for your baby isn’t something you should make in a hurry because a mistake could jeopardize everything you want.
If you’re a lover of Similac or Enfamil, you may want to ask yourself questions like Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease which one is better?
Choosing between both brands wouldn’t be easy, but this article will hint that you can decide which of the two products or baby formula is the best for your baby and caters to their needs.
Table of Contents
- Infant Formula Explained
- Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease
- Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease – Product Comparision
Infant Formula Explained
Baby’s formula or infant formula is food designed and manufactured with the sole aim of feeding babies or infants whose age span is usually under 12 months.
Infant formula becomes a substitute for mothers who, for one reason or the other, cannot breastfeed their babies exclusively, probably as a result of work or due to low production of milk.
In this case, parents usually rely on formula to feed their babies since they are specifically manufactured for babies and toddlers of different ages, so it is essential to choose them carefully.
Choosing an infant formula for your baby is difficult because many infant formulas and brands available on milk commercially. You would need a guide so you don’t make mistakes or choose the wrong one for your baby.
Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease
This is one of the popular infant and toddler formulas available commercially and produced under the Similac brand.
It has been in the market for a very long time, and it is manufactured by the Abbott laboratory and has been used for ages by people with lots of positive reviews.
Suppose your children have no feeding issues, but you would like to give them a formula that is made and designed to be very similar to breast milk. In that case, Similac Pro-Advance will be the best option.
The formula bears a striking resemblance to breast milk, and it also contains 2’FL HMO, which is also available in breast milk and, when consumed, confers health benefits on your baby and your baby’s immune system.
The active ingredients used in the manufacture of Similac Pro Advance include the following:
- Non-fat milk
- Whey protein concentrate
- Vegetable oil
- Safflower oil
- Soy oil
- Coconut oil
- This formula contains the necessary nutrients to help your baby grow and develop well within the first year of their life.
- It contains a mix of oils (Soy oil, high oleic safflower oil, and coconut oil)
- Has 2’FL HMO and OptiGRO
- Contains prebiotics
- Contains choline
- The formula contains Lutein, which enhances eye development and better vision.
- It has no added sugar in it.
- The manufacturing ingredients help the formula strengthen your baby’s immune system.
- It contains DHA, which is essential in developing your baby’s brain.
- It contains Lutein which plays a vital role in support of the vision.
- The presence of Vitamin E helps in cell development.
- The presence of nucleotides in it aids in developing the immune system.
- The presence of Antioxidants plays a vital role in the protection of cells.
- The presence of prebiotics aids promotion of digestive health
- Its high sugar content may not be too good for babies.
The Enfamil brand is another baby’s formula with many years of existence to its cap.
They are among the leading brand of baby’s milk in the market and have various products.
Enfamil Gentlease is a formula for babies with sensitive tummies or stomachs allergic to some of the constituents in regular milk.
This formula is gentle and takes care of babies with feeding issues, reducing their fussiness.
Enfamil Gentlease is formulated for infants who have feeding difficulties due to the protein in cow’s milk, so it contains ingredients that have a gentler protein.
The active ingredients used in the manufacturing of this product include the following:
- Corn syrup
- Partially Hydrolyzed non-milk fat
- A mix of vegetable oil from palm olein, soy, coconut,
- Whey protein
- High oleic sunflower oil
- Plant-based oil
- A gentle formula that helps in reducing fussiness in babies
- It contains vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and water
- It is formulated using corn syrup solids (this helps in the digestion of cow’s milk by your baby)
- It has Crypthecodinium Cohnii oil as a source of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid), an essential fatty acid for the brain’s growth and functional development
- It has Mortierella Alpina oil as a source of ARA (Arachidonic acid). This essential fatty acid helps develop a healthy immune system, aids in forming stronger and better bones, and improves blood flow and blood vessel function.
- It has soy and dairy ingredients.
- It doesn’t require certain preparatory steps.
- Contains nutrients (Vitamins and minerals) that can help your child with the necessary development needed for one year
- It is available in different sizes and also in ready-to-use liquid formulations.
- It has no added sugar
- It eases fussiness
- It is non-GMO
- It is not organic
- It is not designed to deal with acid reflux
- Similac vs S26 – Which is Best?
- Enfamil vs Similac vs Nan Pro
- Enfamil Sensitive vs Similac Sensitive
- Enfamil NeuroPro vs Gentlease
- Enfamil vs SMA Gold vs Similac Gold
Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease – Product Comparision
Now, let’s briefly compare these two formulas. As you can guess, these two formulas serve different purposes. The main difference between Similac Pro Advance and Enfamil Gentlease is the purpose.
Similac pro advance is a regular formula for normal babies with no feeding issues, that is, babies who do not show any repulsion to the manufacturing ingredients of regular milk.
Enfamil Gentlease is a gentle formula formulated for babies with feeding issues or who are allergic to proteins in milk.
Similac pro Advance contains 2’FL HMO and OptiGRO, while Enfamil Gentlease contains gentler protein.
The essence of the manufacture of Similac pro Advance is to strengthen the immune system, while Enfamil Gentlease reduces gas and fussiness.
Similac pro Advance contains Non-fat milk and whey protein concentrate, while Enfamil Gentlease contains hydrolyzed non-fat milk and whey protein concentrate.
If your baby is healthy and has no feeding issues, consider going for Similac pro Advance. If your baby has a sensitive stomach and gets uncomfortable after consuming regular milk, then you should buy Enfamil Gentlease.
Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease in a Glance
|Similac Pro Advance||Enfamil Gentlease|
|It is meant for a healthy baby||Meant for babies with feeding issues due to milk protein|
|Has 2’FL HMO and OptiGRO||Has gentler protein|
|To strengthen the immune system||To reduce gas and fussiness|
|Nonfat milk and whey protein concentrate||Hydrolyzed nonfat milk and whey protein concentrate from soy|
Hopefully, your question on Similac Pro Advance vs Enfamil Gentlease has been answered, and I am sure you are better informed now, right?
You must consider your baby and feeding needs when considering these two formulas.
If your baby is healthy and has no feeding issues, consider going for Similac pro Advance. If your baby has a sensitive stomach and gets uncomfortable after consuming regular milk, we recommend you buy Enfamil Gentlease.